"crunch" Tool Big File Size

Hi guys first of all sorry if I created the topic to erong place and if there is same topic is already exists.

I’m trying to create my own wordlist in crunch and I’m using lower and upper case and numbers so I can use it any time I do brute force. But file size is way bigger than I expected and I don’t know what can I do to make file size smaller.

Thanks for reading and If you have a suggestion for me, I would love to hear it.

It doesn’t surprise me that its a large file, there are a lot of combinations there. Its also not how i would recommend you use wordlists, most of your lines will be gibberish and very few people will have a password like ‘9dU7h5gKa’. So you have a lot of lines with a very low success chance.

Hashcat has a feature that will do what you want, without a wordlist. Its called a mask attack and you can use it to create a custom alphanumeric charset.

You can also find the rockyou wordlist in /usr/share/wordlist/rockyou.txt.gz. You might have more success with that, or another pre-generated wordlist.

I think what I’m going to do is try to learn something about the person. I will try the Hashcat too. Thank you for your answer.

If you want to learn seriously, try itertools lib from python and crack hash with it. Ofc it will be super slow but it will save your storage (and give you knowledge too)